When you support HEART you are part of our public/private effort to create more affordable housing throughout San Mateo County.
- Because HEART is supported by dues from the cities in San Mateo County which pay for administrative costs, your donation will support HEART’s loan programs.
- Your help, together with others, helps HEART make loans to moderate-income families who want to buy their first home in San Mateo County and to developers to build or renovate affordable apartment homes for working families and seniors.
- Donate online, or send your tax-deductible contribution to HEART: 139 Mitchell Ave., Ste. 108, South San Francisco, CA 94080.
Providing housing that spans all age groups and workers isn’t just a nice thing to do, it’s a necessary thing to do.
Who benefits? We all do. Housing builds strong communities. Greater stability in housing also translates into improvement in health and education, and even violence prevention. HEART is a Joint Powers Authority (JPA) and a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that has been working since 2005 to invest over $9.8M to create 824 new or refurbished affordable homes.
- Challenge your co-workers and competitors to match your contribution.
- Contribute your time and expertise to HEART’s program planning, fundraising, marketing, strategic planning, or policy work. Contact Paula Stinson at 650-872-4444 x4, firstname.lastname@example.org, for a list of volunteer opportunities.
- Become an ambassador for HEART and make a presentation to your civic group, professional or trade association, neighborhood association, or coworkers.
- Executive Director Mark Moulton enjoys telling HEART’s story. Please give him a call and invite him to speak about the importance of affordable housing in San Mateo County at your next event. email@example.com