Find Affordable Housing in San Mateo County
Click here for a database of affordable housing listing in San Mateo County through the Housing Leadership Council. HEART does not manage properties or help people apply for housing. We are a community loan fund, but want to help you find your way to other resources.
Apply Directly to HEART-Funded Developments
- 636 El Camino, South San Francisco, CA. 109 rental homes for working families
Opening August 2012. The wait list is now closed
- The Village at the Crossing, San Bruno, CA. 228 rental homes for seniors.
To find out about availability www.villageatthecrossing.net or 650-588-8036.
- Hillcrest Senior Housing, Daly City, CA. 40 rental homes for seniors.
Visit www.hillcrestgardensdalycity.com or call 650-991-8809.
- Oceanview Apartments, Pacifica, CA. 100 rental homes for seniors.
Visit wwww.oceanviewsenior.com or call (650) 359-2114.
- Trestle Glen, Colma, CA. 119 rental homes for working families.
Contact the Trestle Glen management office at 650.992.5555, or contact Bridge Housing.
- Peninsula Station, San Mateo, CA. 68 rental homes for working families.
Contact MidPen Housing. The wait list is currently closed.
Foreclosure Resource Guides
Demand for housing in San Mateo County has far outstripped supply. Worse, that trend is continuing. By 2015, demand for housing in San Mateo County will outstrip supply by at least 20,000 units. At least 16,000 more rental apartments and 4,000 ownership homes are needed to accommodate people who work or grow up here and want to live here.
Housing Need Fact Sheets
- San Mateo County Housing Needs Study 2005-2025. Prepared by the City/County Association of Governments of San Mateo County (C/CAG, 2007) Projections based on job growth and economic development.
- Jobs with the Most Projected Openings Occupations with the most projected openings over the next decade, coded by income level, in San Mateo, San Francisco and Marin Counties.
- Housing Need in San Mateo County Housing prices, housing shortfall, and special-needs populations in the county.
- Who really qualifies for affordable housing? It’s a wider range than you might think.