Gumshu and Roi were political refugees from Burma. Gumshu worked in restaurants, and now owns his own sushi stand in a Redwood City. “Getting an apartment at Trestle Glen is the best thing that has happened to us. We were living in an illegal in-law unit without heat, and this new building is so much better for our children.” HEART worked with BRIDGE Housing to develop this 119-unit complex next to Colma BART.
Trestle Glen is the best thing that has happened to us
- Practical Steps to Creating Teacher Housing
- HEART makes $3.5M loan for land acquisition in North Fair Oaks neighborhood of Redwood City
- A solid foundation for 100 seniors in Pacifica
- HEART provides funding for very low income housing at Bay Meadows
- Thanks to our 54 sponsors, HEART raises $136K to support teacher housing
"[I] would never have been able to own a home without the [First-Time Homebuyer] Program"
“Like an FHA loan, but more flexible for the condo we wanted….” ~Jennifer & Andrew
“With the money I saved through HEART, I have enough to fix up the house…” ~Krystal